For everyone’s safety, the City of Highland Park Requires that in our meetings:
- Everyone maintain 6 feet social distancing
- 15 person max in the main room, 5 in break out room
- Wear a Face Covering
- Avoid touching face with unwashed hands
- Cover sneeze/cough
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently
Latest on symptoms from CDC as of 6/1/2020:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Additional Notes and Suggestions for Leaders:
- Get volunteers to sanitize after your meeting. Bottles of sanitizer are around the club. Spray commonly touched areas such as tables, chairs/couches, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, kitchen appliances (be sure to avoid food and food utensils), readings such as “how it works”, etc.
- The Day by Day Club express thanks to members for their excellent job of sanitizing the club after every meeting. Leave the basket on the center table. Let members deposit directly into the hat. Put cash into safe, envelope not necessary. Sanitize your hands after.
- Don’t pass anniversary coins around the room. Let the person who locates a coin for an anniversary hand it to the person.
- Decide as a group how to handle the overflow when more than 15 arrive for a meeting. Max of 15 in the main room and 5 in the back room. Additional possibilities include splitting to the parking lot across the street or the band shell next to the public library on Laurel. Maybe the lawn space behind the HP library parking lot, backing up to City Hall? It’s super private in there and is public land. You might want to bring chairs to sit on if the group decides to utilize the outside areas, etc.
- Background Information on COVID 19: It is primarily spread by water droplets from sneezing, coughing, and talking. Protection mainly focuses on avoiding the droplets by using face masks, 6’ distancing, and avoiding touching face with hands. It can be spread by touching hard surfaces but it is thought to be a less common way. Keeping hands sanitized and away from face minimizes this risk. Please don’t attend meetings if:
- You are sick or are exhibiting symptoms.
- You have had close contact with someone who is sick.