Day by Day Club
Board Business meeting
October 4, 2021
Present: Mark G., President, Paul Z., Treasurer, Margot F., Secretary, John T, Jeff L., Craig R.., Beth H., Donna D., Blake E.
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 p.m.
The September minutes were approved.
The Treasurer gave his report. We began the month with $12,017.43 and ended the month with $10,951.81. $2,329.68 was collected at meetings via Zelle, Venmo and cash. Expenses totaled $3,395.30. Expenses exceeded income by $1.065.62. Much of the excess spending was due to annual insurance payments ($698), fire and safety review ($69.95) and our bi monthly payment for cleaning services ($480).
The treasures report was approved.
- Margot reported that CASO was working on listing our meetings on the CASO (aachicago.org) website.
- Mark reported that Comcast had installed the new phone internet service and that an anonymous donor would be installing a mesh wireless network to improve connectivity. The work was expected to be done in 7 to 10 days.
- Discussion was had on the various ways groups could use the new internet connection to “go hybrid”. We were reminded that each group is autonomous and could make the decision of how to implement the new capabilities.
- A working group to draft an all-club announcements document was created including Mark, Jeff, Margot and John T. The document should be read at all meetings, in person and zoom and will be posted on the club website.
- Mark suggested that the club hold an outdoor anniversary party next spring. A December zoom holiday party is being planned for December 11, 2021 and will feature a speaker to be chosen soon.
- A slate of officers was presented for the 2022 executive board. The slate included Paul as treasure, and Margot as secretary. Blake E. was nominated for the president position and accepted the nomination. John T. was also nominated for the president’s role and declined the nomination. Attendees were encouraged to ask other members if they would like to nominate or be nominated for the president position and were instructed to contact any of the executive board members if someone is interested. The Executive board slate will be voted on at the November meeting.
- Craig R. asked if there would be a rent increase for the upcoming year. It was assumed that there would be an increase.
- John T. asked that the chat function be enabled on zoom so that individual participants could privately chat with one another. A motion was made and approved.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:33 pm